25 November 2011

TimeLess Music




From Lisa Fischer to Sci_T


When we talk about timeless music, we speak about the legendary lyrics that become a part of our daily vocab. Time less music by legends in the music industry that have moved on and you still find people mixing and remix their songs.

One of my upcoming favourite artist Tshepo Dladla (@Sci_T on twitter) has his very own rendition of Lisa Fischer's song "How Can I" and obviously in my very own opinion, I think Sci_T has done this track justice. He manages to make me hate loving this song but I just cant seem to explain this mixed feeling of misplacement. He makes me wanna love a rapper because you kinda understand whats in the heart, but makes me hate dating a rapper or any other form of musician cause its just too much drama and you will be in competition with not only his groupies but also his first love which is music... Who am I to separate a man from his first love?

It is really a deep tack, it totally gets to me everytime I listen to it. He is a phenomenal artist though, and the guys he works with are nothing short of that description. More than anything, the guys that make his beats are beyond the beyond... South Africa has a lot of talent, and we somehow need to make a platform that will expose our artists to the rest of the world.


ComScore

No comments:

Post a Comment