17 January 2013

My Best Friend Sbu

Co-dependent beings we are. I doubt in my entire life, have I ever come across someone like this guy. We live an imbalanced balancing life and I still have no idea how we get it done. I love my Sbu sooooooo much, I wouldn't trade him for anything in the world, not even some good smashing with The Hulk (Ssshhhh don't tell).

I owe a lot of my peaceful nature from him, God knows how troubled we are as individuals but Sbu has it all figured out. Keeps me grounded, and knows me better than anyone else, even if he didn't, he'd still come out top of the masses.

I don't think I know anyone who loves me as much as this guy loves me. No one in the world loves me more than Sbu, even my mom, she doesn't love me like Sbu, its just too special. Well, not that he can love me like my mother loves me with, but it makes sense. So patient, kind and selfless and individual he is. He is pretty retarded though. I mean, I would sooooooo take him to the psychiatric ward, if I was starving and all, you know, only just to eat, then I'd fight to go rescue him.

MY LORD SIBUSISO MAHLANGU is soooooooooo INAPPROPRIATE!! Well, I guess I started the trend really, but he seemed to be easy to talk to when I first met him. Well, our friendship started in the strangest manner, me, mama Africa, looking after a sickly alcoholic. Oh YES!!! I SAID IT!!! A sickly alcoholic one random night in PTA... From there, I never looked back, also cause my English was better than everyone else's English in the room... I had to stand out, He was the only other snob in the room, he knew from that day, "Thats my kind of the person".

Gosh... I went through a phase, calling him Bula.... What a joy this memory brings... I still have no idea as to why I kept calling him that but it made absolute sense and he didn't seem to mind it. Thinking back, calling him Bula now, seriously doesn't make sense to me, but its cute.

I know what having a real, true, caring friend feels like, who values my opinion, and trusts me. Also knowing that I have "trusty shoes" He happens to one of the few men I can trust with my life, and that to me, is what means we are co-dependant, apart from his reminders when I have an interview I forgot about, he really happens to be the only person I know who has been a constant and knows how to read between the lines of what I'm saying.

So, this, is a dear shout-out to the best man that's ever lived during my era....

No comments:

Post a Comment